Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » OTHER » Other Music

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:58 pm 
Coiler
Coiler

...At least I think they did.

Anyone heard of this band? I can't find any information on them after their third release (aside info on other bands with the same name.)

I did find some parallels they share with LC though. Interesting things to consider:

-Both were signed to Century Media
-Female vocalists didn't arrive till later
-Both originally from Italy
-Orange color concept art!!!! (I.e. 'ComaLies' art and 'Cumbersome' art. I smell a conspiracy)

All seriousness though. Like Lacuna Coil, Evenfall didn't originally start out with a female singer. It was mostly a death metal band that used atmospheric and Gothic elements. The music (instrument work) was good before Roberta Staccuneddu's arrival but in my opinion it could have been better. The growls alone weren't cutting it for me.
Just how as Cristina's vocal work on the EP pretty much made the album more enjoyable with the mixture of Andi's softer vocals (considering the stuff was written before her arrival,) Roberta's voice meshes beautifully with the deep growls and high screeching male vocals. Beauty and the beast at its finest and possibly the highlight of Cumbersome.

I feel if Evenfall held out a little longer they could have made a lasting impression in the metal scene. Heck, maybe even had a friendly rivalry with other female fronted bands. The album Cumbersome is promising to what could have. Check it out.

https://youtu.be/388MGJpdSLY

Board index » OTHER » Other Music