Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » EMPTYSPIRAL.NET » ES Podcast

Post subject: Ep 78 - The Maze
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:26 am 
Site Admin

The Song Deathmatch is something i dreamt up a while ago and we decided to introduce it this week.

Let me know what you think of it and whether you would want to see other songs put head to head in a bloody battle - to the death!

Post subject: Re: Ep 78 - The Maze
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:44 pm 
Coiler
Coiler

I like the idea. Although, try to do songs that are from the same album. Its hard to compare a classic like Swamped with Zombies.

Matt you owned Mike. He didn't sound like he was fighting that hard for Swamped. The intro to Swamped is fantastic. Cristina's back up vocals during the choruses are great. Its one of those songs that I listen intently to whenever it comes on.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

guinny_guzzler wrote:
I like the idea. Although, try to do songs that are from the same album. Its hard to compare a classic like Swamped with Zombies.

We actually wanted to go for a couple of songs that were similar even though they are separated by 10+ years. These two felt like a good match.

guinny_guzzler wrote:
Matt you owned Mike. He didn't sound like he was fighting that hard for Swamped. The intro to Swamped is fantastic. Cristina's back up vocals during the choruses are great. Its one of those songs that I listen intently to whenever it comes on.

HAHA! I went into it guns blazing! :D TBH it was hard for both of us because we both love both songs! Is Zombies better than Swamped? I don't think so, they are both amazing. But the point was that we needed to defend 'our' song and attack the other one.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:08 am 
Lacunaz Master
Lacunaz Master

matt wrote:
guinny_guzzler wrote:

We actually wanted to go for a couple of songs that were similar even though they are separated by 10+ years. These two felt like a good match.

guinny_guzzler wrote:

HAHA! I went into it guns blazing! :D TBH it was hard for both of us because we both love both songs! Is Zombies better than Swamped? I don't think so, they are both amazing. But the point was that we needed to defend 'our' song and attack the other one.

And that is the hardest part - Yeah I was hit with a big right hook, but comparing two songs that you are pretty much in love with is an impossible task, and I think it worked really well for our first attempt...

I must try harder next time :!: :wink: 8)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:22 pm 
Fanatic Coiler
Fanatic Coiler

I think that for this idea to work it has to be songs from different albums. Anybody who makes a note of the review scores each week could easily work out which is each contibutor's favourite song from a particular album.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

ScouseCoiler wrote:
I think that for this idea to work it has to be songs from different albums. Anybody who makes a note of the review scores each week could easily work out which is each contibutor's favourite song from a particular album.

Good point! Though last week Russ had to defend Losing My Religion, but prefers Enjoy The Silence. It made for an interesting defence. ;)

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:14 pm 
Fanatic Coiler
Fanatic Coiler

matt wrote:
ScouseCoiler wrote:

Good point! Though last week Russ had to defend Losing My Religion, but prefers Enjoy The Silence. It made for an interesting defence. ;)

Interesting concept, but it resulted in an enjoyable conversation.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:01 pm 
Lacunaz Master
Lacunaz Master

ScouseCoiler wrote:
matt wrote:
ScouseCoiler wrote:

Interesting concept, but it resulted in an enjoyable conversation.

And this was part of the problem with the earlier Deathmatch - I end up defending Swamped and arguing against Zombies when I consider this to be amazing!

It's great fun so far, and look forward to our next installment 8) :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Board index » EMPTYSPIRAL.NET » ES Podcast