Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:50 pm 
Lacunaz Adept
Lacunaz Adept

looks awsome matt

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:06 pm 
Lacunaz Expert
Lacunaz Expert

let me know if you do, will do each as with the bg color for the containing cell, not sure how you want to order them white no new, red new grey locked?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:37 am 
Lacunaz Expert
Lacunaz Expert

Awesome job Matt! Love the design.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:51 am 
Lazunaz Student
Lazunaz Student

Whaaaaaaat? I've been out of town, this came out of nowhere. Looks good so far..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:41 am 
Lacuna Coil Fan

I really love it! Congratulations!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:51 pm 
Lacunaz Expert
Lacunaz Expert

http://www.metaliation.net/lcsl/index.html

So, Matt did a lot of work making the black theme look awesome and as he put the effort into that one, I thought I'd give something back to ES and I decided to work on updating the look of the white theme we have, link above gives you a preview.

So far everything coded is cross browser compatable, apart from the hover effect on the rows where there's folder icons, it shows fine in FF3, IE7+8 and Also Opera 9.x, it doesn't work happily in safari, I do have an idea on fixing that.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Nice Nick

I'll start testing it on my dev site. :)

Let me know when the Safari issue is resolved.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:20 pm 
Lacunaz Expert
Lacunaz Expert

matt wrote:
Nice Nick

pm with all the latest stuff and for the love of god, there's too many browsers, not even looked in chrome yet :?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:04 am 
Maniac Coiler
Maniac Coiler

NightRunner wrote:
matt wrote:
Nice Nick

pm with all the latest stuff and for the love of god, there's too many browsers, not even looked in chrome yet :?

Should never have to double-check Chrome when doing any coding, designing, whatever you prefer to call it... never ever. Chrome just looks at your code and even if it is a little off, maybe even as simple and bone-headed as missing a closing tag, and yet Chrome says "hmm I see what you are trying to do there" and TADA! It looks perfect.

However, Internet Exploder is the bane of my fucking existence. I've been trying to finish up my wife's website for her baking business and I'm inside 2 weeks of it HAVING to be done. All across the board in all browsers had everything looking super. Except in IE. Issues:

In 2 most recent versions of IE my overlay on top of another overlay comes up with the image missing.

In older versions (or running in compatibility mode) the overlays work properly, but it takes my fixed logo from the center of the page and shoots it off to the right so you can only see half of the thing.

Then in all IE versions it was stacking 2 columns rather than spanning side by side AND for the column I had centered above the 2 that are supposed to be side by side, it decided to throw shit wherever it wanted.

So, I threw in all kinds of ridiculousness like putting a table between each friggin line and other acts I care to not even speak of and I was able to combat the "throwing shit all over the place" issue but NOW it's made my side by side columns stack top and bottom in ALL browsers.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:24 am 
Lacunaz Expert
Lacunaz Expert

If your using div elements, you may need to use float: left; and width: 50%; on both while wrapping them in a parent container div with width: 100%;

now the easy part of centring div elements, you got two ways, wrap the whole page content in what I call a forunder div, being the first and last property on a page with say width: 80%; and margin-left: 10%; or you can apply that method to each parent container to have each column containing row at different widths, but still get them centred.

Failing that, hook me up with a demo page and the stylesheet and I'll have a look at what I can muster.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:55 am 
Maniac Coiler
Maniac Coiler

NightRunner wrote:
If your using div elements, you may need to use float: left; and width: 50%; on both while wrapping them in a parent container div with width: 100%;

now the easy part of centring div elements, you got two ways, wrap the whole page content in what I call a forunder div, being the first and last property on a page with say width: 80%; and margin-left: 10%; or you can apply that method to each parent container to have each column containing row at different widths, but still get them centred.

Failing that, hook me up with a demo page and the stylesheet and I'll have a look at what I can muster.

Well, the first part you mentioned with the div elements is essentially what I am already doing, but I have much more going on otherwise. Have a headerwrap, header, content, etc. regarding the 2nd part.

If you are up to the challenge, I am running out of time to be done and just fed up with everything anyway. Outside of the columns not doing what I want I am thoroughly baffled where I am getting a gap between the last and 2nd to last listing under "specialty cupcakes"...

The page I am currently working on is http://www.simplysucre.com/cupcakes.htm

Everything is "open" so you can view the source and see the ugliness inside. I didn't have a plethora of tables til I tried to combat IE not aligning everything proper so I've thrown all kinds of crap in since then.

Oh you can also get to the CSS I am using right through the browser too:
http://www.simplysucre.com/simplyscroll.css

I have been doing some things to it tonight and the overall problem not getting better. Going to keep playing with it through another beer or 2 then be done for the night.

Much thanks in advance for even LOOKING at it because that would pretty much be more than my "friend" has done. The guy had his own business for years doing web design. In the 7+ years I have known him he has asked for my help with a long list of things and I think I've actually came through on all of them. Now, I do not do things for others in expectation of my own personal gain of any sort. However, I've never asked him for a damn thing and I finally asked him for help on this WEEKS ago and the bastard hasn't applied an ounce of effort in assisting me... but he is just another story and another rant altogether...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:02 pm 
Lacunaz Expert
Lacunaz Expert

ok, I see quite a few errors and they'd take quite some time to sort through, sooooooooooo............................

http://www.metaliation.net/downloads/test.html

save file link is in the header, so you can look through and use as a base if you'd like...........

basic div layout, I normally set out, the pagewrap is my old method as your using a set width

I've used hidden page comments to highlight the start and end of various elements to keep things organised, so you know where they start and end and to see if there are any child div's inside others

height of the header and navbar are the same as your current css

added a single column, so the page layout in full imitates what you have, minus the intro text, but you can always duplicate the solocol on page and in css and just rename it, e.g. introcol

the left and right columns are 48% width with a left and right padding of 1% each respectively, so the gap is equal between the two columns

left and right col both have a second css definition for the <p> tag to give anything inside there some padding if you want it.

the background colors are only there to serve as a guide to me when building a page that everything is in the right order, as is the lorem ipsum being there to see how the page layout when the page has to scroll.

hope that helps you :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:56 am 
Maniac Coiler
Maniac Coiler

NightRunner wrote:
ok, I see quite a few errors and they'd take quite some time to sort through, sooooooooooo............................

http://www.metaliation.net/downloads/test.html

save file link is in the header, so you can look through and use as a base if you'd like...........

hope that helps you :D

You rock SO FUCKING MUCH right now. I have no clue how I was over thinking the parameters on the columns. If you looked, you noticed all kinds of weird padding that I was doing. It's always this way...

Better at PHP than HTML
Better at calculus than geometery etc.

OK back to the finishing touches, but really, THANK YOU so much. Two people had zero follow through in helping me and you are the shining star right now. I am SO glad I started frequenting ES again and happened to air my annoyance and you happen to have read it....

:D

***Edit: IE actually still sucks balls. I checked it everywhere except in IE til just now when I was checking all my other pages. Effin IE. I am going to look at the parent level containers and see if I can get a clue, but, started sucking down some cognac once I assumed I was just going to be plugging in content for the rest. Shall see what happens.

I still am VERY grateful you at least led me back to somewhere I once was with everything else. I have a bad habit of working on things "live" and failing to backup what I started with. I should probably start doing that like now~

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:08 pm 
Lacunaz Expert
Lacunaz Expert

no worries :D

Board index » EMPTYSPIRAL.NET » ES General