Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » EMPTYSPIRAL.NET » ES General

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

I can't believe I would ever write that subject line! 8O

I also can't believe the ES would last this long. Starting this site seems like a lifetime away now.

Over the course of the year I'll write up a review of the last 10 years. It's been pretty amazing!

I know the forum isn't as vibrant as it once was (you can blame social networks for most of that), but the site is still going strong.

Also look out for a few special competitions to celebrate a DECADE of the Lacuna Coil Community!!

:bananalc:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 pm 
Lacunaz
Lacunaz

And a great place it has been too , and hopefully still will be ,.
Personally I have only been here since 2006 ,, but during that time have made some great friends and met some wonderful people .
Thank you ES
Thank you Matt :)

http://www.myspace.com/paul6_6_6
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... ef=profile
LC forum the original Virtual Environment
http://venvironment.proboards102.com

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:29 pm 
Die Hard Coiler
Die Hard Coiler

As I'm nowhere to be find on any social networks, I'll keep on posting on this forum until it disappears!

The truth is it's one of the most - if not the most - friendly forums I ever visited!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:35 pm 
Lacunaz Adept
Lacunaz Adept

congrats, maybe not as busy but i bet everyone still looks in here as paul said have met some great mates since ive been here. Heres to the next 10 years matt

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks! :)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:35 pm 
Maniac Coiler
Maniac Coiler

Congrats man, I've been lurking here pretty much from the very start, although I didn't register for a while :oops:

Anyway, you're doing a great job, so keep it up :blackmetal:

To the next 10 years :urock:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:38 pm 
Lacunaz Expert
Lacunaz Expert

matt wrote:
Thanks! :)

no Matt thank you, back when I started I had no idea what other bands to listen to or what each members name was, just that I really liked the music, so when I came here, it gave me the chance to get to know a bunch of great people and get some great band recos from anthony, teague and a few others like yourself and that only came from emptyspiral, so thank you!

:edit:
shite, just noticed 8 and a bit years registered O_O

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:55 pm 
Forum Moderator

Location: I am Dutch and will remain so until further notice.
That is so awesome Matt. Please keep it up. :)

I would also like to thank you Matt, for creating this wonderful place and well being who you are I guess. :P Pure and simple :urock:

ES was my first interweb forum and although I have looked and sometimes joint others they just didn't have the same feel.
It's the only forum I keep checking. There have been pauses, some short, some long, but I do keep coming back because I love this place. :)

I'd like to finish with a big thank you to everyone here! This place wouldn't be the same without each and everyone of you in there own unique way. :D

:werock:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 am 
Lacunaz
Lacunaz

I honestly think that without this site I would not be as much of a Lacuna Coil fan as I am.

I'd still buy their CDs and go to nearby shows, as I do with several other bands.

I probably wouldn't be going down to England for shows though, and I certainly wouldn't know anyone when I got there.
I probably wouldn't have met the entire band (not all bands are so open and approachable, until reading on here I had no clue what LC would be like), I wouldn't have been hanging out after shows... having KFC... drinking Jagermeister.
So much fun I'd have missed out on.

It's a shame the forum is not so busy, as one tends not to build any kind of friendship so readily on the facebooks or whatever. But there you go.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

Agreed!

The community DOES encourage more people to get more involved - which is great! :)

As for the forum - you can blame FB and Twitter for that :(
The only problem with both them is that it's almost impossible to look at old threads/discussions. Unfortunately the immediacy of information on those platforms also means that it's transcient.

Still - we're not going anywhere and I'm looking at ways of intregrating FB accounts so perhaps more people will be compelled to join the forum. :)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 pm 
Lacunaz
Lacunaz

Location: Somewhere between 4Chan and the rest of the Internet
matt wrote:
Agreed!

Still - we're not going anywhere and I'm looking at ways of intregrating FB accounts so perhaps more people will be compelled to join the forum. :)

That's a pretty good idea, Matt.

Forums on the whole typically follow a pretty standard lifecycle. Community starts, flourishes, begins to wither, and then... well, you know.

ES keeps it exclusive as it is and it ranks pretty well in search engine result pages from what I can see. However, it's pretty much an uphill battle with trying to get a peep out of anyone now; since it's apparently easier to play six hours of Farmville instead of writing a single post. :?

Maybe... a little creative advertising/promotions/contests? A few tweet links directly from LC? The podcast also going live is pretty decent in terms of the traffic it can potentially bring in.

Also - Happy 10th ES! So many fun times and friends made on this forum. :dancingbanana:

"Pew, pew....PIKACHU!"

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

-Jess- wrote:
However, it's pretty much an uphill battle with trying to get a peep out of anyone now; since it's apparently easier to play six hours of Farmville instead of writing a single post. :?

Yes, this is true, and it reflects how the social culture is changing on the Internet now. I'm in a number of forums and it's very much a changing landscape.

I'm very much one for embracing change though, but do want to ensure that the ES forums remain a welcoming community for people.

-Jess- wrote:
Maybe... a little creative advertising/promotions/contests? A few tweet links directly from LC? The podcast also going live is pretty decent in terms of the traffic it can potentially bring in.

There are going to be a number of competitions this year to celebrate our birthday :)

I'm hopeful that the Podcast will bring another dimension to the 'service' that provided by Emptyspiral. It's also a opportunity for fans to get involved in a completely new way. I'm hoping that people will want to join me and share their experiences - that could be very very cool.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:55 pm 
Lacuna Coil Fan

I randomly found my old log in for this forum and I can't believe its been so long since I signed up (Dec 2004) and it's still active!

Of anyone who desires

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

lovehatesme wrote:
I randomly found my old log in for this forum and I can't believe its been so long since I signed up (Dec 2004) and it's still active!

Welcome back! 8)

Yep, we're still here and not going anywhere!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:12 pm 
Lacuna Coil Fan

It's been a good 10 years!

Had a lot of fun in London when I visited and stayed with you back in 2006. And then you came to New York for my guided tour!

Now I am picking up the guys (and gal) at the airport here in Miami tonight as we head out for a night in South Beach (my new home) before we spend 5 days on the ocean with the 70000 tons of metal cruise. Lots of video and pictures to come! Will be an amazing trip!

Board index » EMPTYSPIRAL.NET » ES General