Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » LACUNA COIL » General

Post subject: Ryan leaves Lacuna Coil
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:24 am 
Site Admin

In case you've not seen it Ryan has written a public statement today announcing his decision to leave Lacuna Coil:

Quote:
To all the friends who have been writing and asking me about where I've been with Lacuna Coil these days;
I just want to let you know that I did not play on the upcoming record nor will I be touring with the band outside of the US. I decided a few months back to start some new adventures in my life and made the decision to step down as the full time drummer for the band. Fortunately Cristina, Andrea, Marco and Diego are as close to me as family can be and have been nothing but understanding and supportative as they continue their own respective journeys!

With that being said, as a genuine long time fan of the Lacuna Coil I can't wait to hear "Black Anima"

I'll be at the upcoming festivals and 119 shows in NYC next week and I'm so pumped to see everyone and share the stage again with my Italian family!

Good luck to Ryan! I will miss him greatly!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:29 am 
Coiler
Coiler

matt wrote:
In case you've not seen it Ryan has written a public statement today announcing his decision to leave Lacuna Coil:

Quote:
To all the friends who have been writing and asking me about where I've been with Lacuna Coil these days;
I just want to let you know that I did not play on the upcoming record nor will I be touring with the band outside of the US. I decided a few months back to start some new adventures in my life and made the decision to step down as the full time drummer for the band. Fortunately Cristina, Andrea, Marco and Diego are as close to me as family can be and have been nothing but understanding and supportative as they continue their own respective journeys!

With that being said, as a genuine long time fan of the Lacuna Coil I can't wait to hear "Black Anima"

I'll be at the upcoming festivals and 119 shows in NYC next week and I'm so pumped to see everyone and share the stage again with my Italian family!

Good luck to Ryan! I will miss him greatly!

Sucks to hear, but it can't be easy being in a band based in Italy when you live in the Western U.S.. Good to see he'll still be doing the U.S. tour dates and everyone seems to be on good terms.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:15 am 
Maniac Coiler
Maniac Coiler

Man, that's a loss but I wish him the best in his future endeavors. I really liked what he brought to Delirium.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Agreed on all points.

From what I understand, it really is about all the international travelling.

I would imagine that really takes a big cut out of your wages.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:45 am 
Coiler
Coiler

matt wrote:
Agreed on all points.

From what I understand, it really is about all the international travelling.

I would imagine that really takes a big cut out of your wages.

It seems they've been doing a lot more European dates the past couple of years, which is a strain in itself, but a lot of their recent European dates are isolated festivals, one off shows, or little one week mini tours which really don't make much sense to fly out for. On his end, I can see where he would want a full tour to help offset the travel costs. Since album sales aren't the money maker they used to be, playing shows is where you make your money, and his cut is getting eaten up even more with flight costs. He also lost out on album sale income after they used Criz on BCH.

Board index » LACUNA COIL » General