Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » LACUNA COIL » Tours - General

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:04 am 
Fanatic Coiler
Fanatic Coiler

OMG the setlist!! I can't even...

Ok, now I'm really sad I wasn't there to be a part of this. It looks phenomenal. This DVD can't come soon enough. I hope everyone who did go had an amazing time. Hopefully they do something big for 25 years too and I can make that :D .

Philadelphia, PA- 5/8/12
Lancaster, PA- 2/5/13
Philadelphia, PA-4/18/13
Lancaster, PA- 2/27/14
Baltimore, MD- 4/23/14
Richmond, VA 5/15/16
Lancaster, PA 5/28/16

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:27 am 
Maniac Coiler
Maniac Coiler

So as is wont with live shows the Youtube vids are starting to pour in and, being the curious one that I am, I've checked out some of the songs. Gotta say, looks like it was one hell of a show. The first time performances of both Comalies and One Cold Day were momentous enough but the performance aspect of songs like The House of Shame and Falling Again were also pretty neat. I hope we get the chance to see this all in DVD quality sooner rather than later.

Still, of the ones I've seen there was one performance here that absolutely blindsided me (and I'm gonna blackout the text here for people that want to go in blind, so highlight the rest to read on) - I did not see that rework of Soul Into Hades coming. At all. They reworked that one particularly hard into the Delirium sound and the results were stunning. It sounds contemporary to Downfall now. I thought Comalies and One Cold Day were gonna be the easy highlights but no, I loved what they did with that song, especially when the song fades out a bit and it starts back up with a slowed down tempo, it was SO doom metal. I think I would've lost it if I heard that in person. I wouldn't mind if album #9 sounded like this at all. -

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:37 am 
Site Admin

The show was phenomenal in every way! Here's the setlist:

I was blown away when they opened with A Current Obsession - my favourite song.

I will post a full review later.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:39 am 
Site Admin

diraen wrote:
Is there any info to know on how to find you at the bar guys? It will probably be crowded... Will anyone wear a blue rose on a red hat or something like that? :mrgreen:

We had a meet up in the Bull and Gate! :)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:41 am 
Site Admin

Here's a link to the gallery of photos taken at the coiler meet up - http://www.emptyspiral.net/gallery/coil ... al-Meet-up

And here's the link to my photos from the show - http://www.emptyspiral.net/gallery/live ... rsary-Show

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:06 pm 
Lacuna Coil Fan

The photo's look amazing - they look as though they've been done by a professional photographer!

It looks as though it was a night to remember! All the fans in the pictures look so happy.....

Really looking forward to the DVD coming out

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

bouncy_coil wrote:
The photo's look amazing - they look as though they've been done by a professional photographer!

Thanks!! 8)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:46 am 
Fanatic Coiler
Fanatic Coiler

I've just put all the songs from the set-list into this mornings playlist and realised that it plays for 111 minutes.... does this mean that the 119 show was actually designed to last for 119 minutes?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

8O

It would not surprise me!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:05 pm 
Maniac Coiler
Maniac Coiler

Trapnet wrote:
I've just put all the songs from the set-list into this mornings playlist and realised that it plays for 111 minutes.... does this mean that the 119 show was actually designed to last for 119 minutes?

Ha! The show was actually about 2 hours 10 minutes from start to finish, including all the intros/incidental music. So if you removed those, maybe.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:51 am 
Maniac Coiler
Maniac Coiler

Show was dope, it was great to hear songs that I wanted to hear since forever (Comalies :blackmetal: :clap: ), hats of to the band for preparing an awesome show. It was cool to see people from all over the world coming together and celebrating 8)

The whole circus theme was cool, and the performers were amazing :mrgreen:

Whole band was on point and gave super performance, esp vocals were perfect!

I only took few videos, since there will be a DVD, and I wanted to party and not film, you can find it here:
https://www.youtube.com/LukCPL

Was the show perfect for me ? No, but the good vastly outweigh the negative so I will write it below in small font :P

For the negatives:
1. Most important no mention or recognition for the guys who were in the band most of those 20 years, that felt really off and left a bad taste for me :(
2. You get to pley not many songs from each album and you chose Closer, or I like it or I Forgive or Army Inside over many better songs ?!!?!?!? Where was Fragile, To The Edge, Spellbound, Trip the darkness ????
3. Sadly many of the fans were tired??/not really energetic, and while I tried to move and jump and headbang, looking around people were just standing, some of them looking bored especially during classics like My Wings or Veins of Glass 8O :(
4. Sorry but many songs suffer greatly by only 1 guitarist. Playing only riffs and power cords while ignoring awesome melodies makes the older songs loose a lot of the magic, and the band sounds weaker in general :evil:

I could probably go on, but like I've said, the show was a cool experience anyway so whatever :twisted:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

LukC wrote:
Show was dope, it was great to hear songs that I wanted to hear since forever (Comalies :blackmetal: :clap: ), hats of to the band for preparing an awesome show. It was cool to see people from all over the world coming together and celebrating 8)

I didn't know you'd be there!

LukC wrote:
The whole circus theme was cool, and the performers were amazing :mrgreen:

Yeah, I loved the theme - and the way the circus tent made us fee like we were inside it. :)

LukC wrote:
Whole band was on point and gave super performance, esp vocals were perfect!

Definitely! It was a great all around performance I thought.

LukC wrote:
I only took few videos, since there will be a DVD, and I wanted to party and not film, you can find it here:
https://www.youtube.com/LukCPL

Nice one, I'll check them out. I took photos, no videos, and I kinda regret that i didn't put the camera done and just enjoy myself. At least people like the resulting photos.

LukC wrote:
Was the show perfect for me ? No, but the good vastly outweigh the negative so I will write it below in small font :P

For the negatives:
1. Most important no mention or recognition for the guys who were in the band most of those 20 years, that felt really off and left a bad taste for me :(
2. You get to pley not many songs from each album and you chose Closer, or I like it or I Forgive or Army Inside over many better songs ?!!?!?!? Where was Fragile, To The Edge, Spellbound, Trip the darkness ????
3. Sadly many of the fans were tired??/not really energetic, and while I tried to move and jump and headbang, looking around people were just standing, some of them looking bored especially during classics like My Wings or Veins of Glass 8O :(
4. Sorry but many songs suffer greatly by only 1 guitarist. Playing only riffs and power cords while ignoring awesome melodies makes the older songs loose a lot of the magic, and the band sounds weaker in general :evil:

I could probably go on, but like I've said, the show was a cool experience anyway so whatever :twisted:

On the negatives:
1. Yeah, I know what you mean. Whilst it didn't leave a bad taste, it would have been nice if there had been mention, even in general terms, of the ex members. A shame. :(
2. I liked the selection, it was a good mix of the various sounds of the band over the years (my only miss is Enjoy The Silence for the reasons I mention on the Podcast).
3. I was right at the front so didn't notice. The people at the front seemed pretty interested though. :)
4. I don't have 'the ear' like some, so didn't notice it - I do know what you mean though about losing something. (Yes, I was kinda hoping we would see Pizza on stage again, but that was nothing more than a wish! :D )

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:38 am 
Coiler
Coiler

I'm still waiting for the dvd. I've not seen the videos that LukCPL has uploaded (I still want to be surprised and I NEED good audio lol) so here I am just waiting. If they happen to tour and come to NYC I'm gonna be there first to get tickets and possibly call out of work lol

Board index » LACUNA COIL » Tours - General